Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Leaves of the Tree

“The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations,” Revelation 22:2.
Nations.  They rage.  Persons.  They are deeply troubled.  Relationships among persons and nations need to be healed.  Make peace!
This tree is an undying source of growth and maturity.  He or she who grows and matures sees less of flesh and blood and the wars that accompany these bodies.  He or she who matures sees opportunity to reconcile sisters and brothers.  This is the mature ministry of believers.
Ministry.  It can not be done for the love of self.  It cannot be done to appease self.  It cannot be done to restore self.  It cannot be done to save self.  I cannot minister to regain what I have lost.  I cannot minister to elevate or promote myself.  I cannot minister to please another.  As a human regarding any flesh, whether my own or that of another, I cannot minister.  In this fleshly mind, I will remain among the wars and factions of the flesh… .whether I realize it or not!
God has regarded the need of the flesh.  He knows it well and has written His prescription for its healing: Be reconciled!  Ministry must flow from this prescription: Be reconciled!   Healing must flow like a reconciling ministry throughout the whole heart and body of the righteous tree.
Reconciliation is our highest ministry.  It is our balm and consolation.  Consider these leaves my companion, my sister, my brother.  They live and do not strive.  They rest and do not fight.  Consider their peace.  Make peace.  You who are troubled and absorbed with your wars and retribution.  Still you tongue, let go your prey, withhold your pointing finger.  Make peace.  For God, who deserved His war and retribution with your flesh, has forgiven you…
“…not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation,” 2 Corinthians 5:19.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

  • Prayer Equals Peace - “But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow w...
    6 years ago