Wednesday, January 5, 2011

He Who Dwells

“He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High…”  He who is at home with God.  “…will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.”  Will receive the protection and provision of the Mightiest among Men.  “I will say to the Lord, ‘My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust’.”  I will testify openly that I choose Him as my Eternal Source.  “For He will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence.”  He will pull you free of the fowl and deadly diseases of the soul.  “He will cover you with his pinions, and under his wings you will find refuge.”  He will hide you inside of His loving, cleansing words so that you cannot sense the accusations.  
“His faithfulness is a shield and buckler.”  His faithfulness is your protection from deceivers who offer their resource.  “You will not fear the terror of the night…”  Uncertainty will not haunt you.  “…nor the arrow that flies by day…”  Purposeful attacks will not damage your faith.  “…nor the pestilence that stalks in darkness…”  Suspicions will not engage you.  “…nor the destruction that wastes at noonday.”  The unjust assaults will not wear you out.
“A thousand may fall at you side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.”  You will not be a casualty with those caught up in the flesh and blood warfare.  “You will only look with your eyes and see the recompense of the wicked.”  You will only be an observer of the destruction that befalls those who love to live by the sword.
“Because you have made the Lord your dwelling place – the Most High who is my refuge – no evil shall be allowed to befall you, no plague come near your tent.”  You who live inside of His heart and are surrounded by His favorable Might, will not experience the deadly venom that plunges the homes of the wicked into hell.
“For he will command his angels concerning you, to guard you in all your ways.”  He will send help to protect you from the vile stirrings of the godless.  “On their hands they will bear you up, lest you strike your foot against a stone.”  They will be attentive to the preservation of your person.  “You will tread on the lion and the adder; the young lion and the serpent you will trample underfoot.”  You will not flinch in the presence of intimidation and deception but merely pass over them on your way.
“Because he holds fast to me in love, I will deliver him; I will protect him, because he knows my name.  When he calls to me, I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will rescue him and honor him.  With long life I will satisfy and show him my salvation.”  Because he chooses to love Me and call on Me and trust in the resources of My authority, I will be his all in all.  I, the Lord, will restore all of His losses and preserve His life eternally.
Psalm 91

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

  • Prayer Equals Peace - “But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow w...
    6 years ago