Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Thinking About God's Heart?

Do you ever think much about the heart of God?  No, I don’t mean endless hours consumed by what His heart wants from you.  I mean, do you think about how His heart feels, what it perceives, its desire and longings?  I can remember the time my daughter came to me, patted me on the shoulder and said, “Mommy, don’t worry, it’s not your fault.  Daddy’s just cranky!”  My heart was so blessed.  In that moment I realized that I had successfully, by the grace of God, taught my daughter something useful in this life: she was concerned about my heart!   It’s easy to think about our own hearts.  Our own feelings, perceptions, longings and desires.  But it is more difficult to think about the heart of another.  To really sit and ponder what their desires might be.  What are they feeling, perceiving and deeply longing for?  How am I affecting their existence?  Do I offer their heart a safe place to rest?  God, do You feel secure and peaceful in my presence?  Do I offer You a place to spill Your deepest longings and desires?  Am I here for You, like a friend, when You need me?  I ask the reader, do you ever think about these things?

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

  • Prayer Equals Peace - “But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow w...
    6 years ago