Sunday, June 27, 2010

Command My Way

I am sustained by the Creator’s Word.  I am dependent upon His government.  It forms me as it speaks.  It directs my thoughts, words and actions with authority.  It commands my way. 

“The Lord God commanded the man…” Genesis 2:16.  Without proper perspective, the word “command” can seem to be as an antonym to freedom.  To understand it better, we must consider what was commanded.  “And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, ‘You may surely eat of every tree of the garden, but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die’,” Genesis 2:15-17.  Ah!  I see!  The man was commanded to live and not die!  Life and freedom were commanded.  For Life is the synonym of freedom.  For in giving the command to Live, God said, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it and have dominion over…” Genesis 1:28.  We were free to enjoy, enhance, multiply and secure the functions of Life.  The Word that formed our Dust was commanded to break out and give Life over and over again. Life begets life begets life begets life.

God commands that I Live and choose Life.  That I move away from the authority of Death.  I make no agreements with it.  I do not choose it.  I choose the government of God.  His Life.  And I obey this command to Live.

The Word of Life is the government of God.   This Word that reproduces the quality Life that God created is His government.  We depend on this Word.  We depend on this government.  And without it we die.  

In the Beginning, God’s Word was our government.  By trusting that Word, by putting our hope in it, believing it’s goodness and pure intentions and so on, we acted in agreement with it.  That agreement with God’s “commands” caused us to make choices that blessed the Creation just as though God Himself was blessing it.  We blessed in the same measure that He would.  And truly He Himself was blessing it. …through us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

  • Prayer Equals Peace - “But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow w...
    6 years ago