Thursday, June 3, 2010

Interactions

I have learned that I cannot fight the Adversaries accusations. They are too possible. Too close to my reality. They have been expertly formed with careful observation and knowledge of my person. And many of them are true.

The accusations are legally protected by a Higher Law. A Law that is good and righteous but unattainable to my humanity. I am legally accused, legally sentenced and legally dead. “And you were dead in the trespasses and sins in which you once walked…” Ephesians 2:1. So then, I must appeal to a ruling that has been made at an eternal moment. A moment of history that surpassed the limits of time. The accusations usually ring true somewhere in our conscience… .it is possible that we have fallen short this way or that. But the eternal verdict is always true as well. You and I are privileged to wear this verdict as though it were ours. Because God said so…

In a moment of eternity, God made a choice. One that we will never regret. Yes, the accusations may be true, but God is no longer concerned with these. He has made a judgment in our favor. He has designated Himself to be our only Judge. We have come to this Judge. We have come to this Heavenly Courtroom. We receive all of our verdicts from here. We enjoy the judgments of mercy. And are no longer concerned with what is said elsewhere… .even if they are true…

Enter the Courtroom…

“Then he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the Lord, and Satan (the accuser) standing at his right hand to accuse him. And the Lord said to Satan, ‘The Lord rebuke you, O Satan! The Lord who has chosen Jerusalem rebuke you! Is not this a brand plucked from the fire?” Now Joshua was standing before the angel, clothed with filthy garments. And the angel said to those who were standing before him, ‘Remove the filthy garments from him.’ And to him he said, ‘Behold, I have taken your iniquity away from you, and I will clothe you with pure vestments.’ And I said, ‘Let them put a clean turban on his head and clothed him with garments. And the angel of the Lord was standing by. And the angel of the Lord solemnly assured Joshua, ‘Thus says the Lord of hosts: If you will walk in my ways and keep my charge then you shall rule my house and have charge of my courts, and I will give you the right of access among those who are standing here. Hear now, O Joshua the high priest…” Zechariah 3:1-8.

Resist interaction with the Accuser. You have a new Judge, the Merciful One. Reserve that interaction for Him… .and let Him fight the accusations for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

  • Prayer Equals Peace - “But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow w...
    6 years ago