Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I Awake

“As for me, I shall behold your face in righteousness; when I awake, I shall be satisfied with your likeness,” Psalm 17:15.  Do not assume for an instant that David was speaking of life after death.  Believe me, David spoke of his conscious day to day experience.  His eyes opened in the morning and he was aware!   He was conscious of his God.  “O Lord in the morning you hear my voice…” Psalm 5:3.  “Satisfy us in the morning…” Psalm 90:14.  

There was one place to go for understanding and strength and he waited there also at noon.  “Evening and morning and at noon I utter my complaint and moan, and he hears my voice,” Psalm 55:17.  After all, the Creator was David’s Governor.  All throughout the morning, the afternoon and the evening, David sought sustenance and commands from only one government.  That is, when he was making good choices!  

“By day the Lord commands his steadfast love, and at night his song is with me, a prayer to the God of my life,” Psalm 42:8.  Even in the night, he was awake to the God of his life.  His life was thus so conscious of its Divine Governor.  “I bless the Lord who gives me counsel; in the night also my heart instructs me,” Psalm 16:7.

Every moment I awake!  For God is with us and revealed to us.  The human life is capable of knowing its God.  Capable of constant consciousness and communion.  We were not made separate of Him and we are not designed to thrive of form and function without His Government.   His likeness, His song, His command and His counsel are a government to our integral lives.  Every part of me at every moment needs the God of my life, the Governor of my whole being.

Are you beyond filling a hungry fading and failing existence?  Are you beyond trying to keep yourself alive?  Are you more than surviving?  Have you opened your eyes and eaten your fill?  Are you conscious of and engaged in His Abiding Word… .His Likeness, Song, Command and Counsel… .His Government? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

  • Prayer Equals Peace - “But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow w...
    6 years ago