Saturday, July 3, 2010

Not a Fairy Tale

No, this is not a fairy tale.  We are not weaving a magical tale of potions, dragons, castles and kings.  It appears to have some of those elements.  But our story, that is the story of Divinity and Dust, is simply the breathtaking communion of love we are able to consciously share for eternity.  It is the story of reality… .but not as this world sees it.  A reality filled with awe and wonder upon discovery that what was lost has been found, what was relationally broken and shattered has been reconciled, what was fallen has been redeemed and restored to it’s original brilliancy.  Although this world may not see it, hear it, or believe it, we, the sons and daughters of the Most High, have stepped into consciousness, communion, and engagement.  
We live in Eden.  Not an imagined fairy land.  No, God is with us and He is revealed to us.  Our hearts are stirred when He speaks.  Our eyes are drawn to discover Him.  We live as partakers of His perspective, delighting in His council.  “I rise before dawn and cry for help; I hope in your words.  My eyes are awake before the watches of the night, that I may meditate on your promises,” Psalm 119:147, 148.  It’s our right and pleasure to be joined to God at all times!
“You know when I sit down and when I rise up; you discern my thoughts from afar.  You search out my path and my lying down, and are acquainted with all my ways.  Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O Lord, you know it altogether.  You hem me in, behind and before, and lay your hand upon me.  Such knowledge is too wonderful for me: it is high; I cannot contain it.  Where shall I go from your Spirit?  Or where shall I flee from your presence?” Psalm 139:1-7.  God is conscious and engaged!  Divinity is expertly attentive to our dust.  Not a moment of our lives passes without His deep interest.  God wants to walk with you.  Every moment.  Everyday.  He wants to know everything.  Like a lovesick spouse.  Like a fearless defender.  Like a dotting father or mother.  
He has paid a high price to bring you close once again.  To know and be known by you.  Relating to God, with all of its conflict and communion, is our Happily Ever After.  I am happy to know and be known by God.  Thank you God that my eyes have been opened and my ears hear and my heart understands this returning to the story of Divinity and Dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

  • Prayer Equals Peace - “But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow w...
    6 years ago