Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Wisdom of God

I’ll say it again: God never formed a curse, never directed a command, and never wrote a law outside of salvation….
The way to the Tree of Life was blocked by beings too powerful to overcome.  The human race was denied access to eternity.  We were positionally underneath, below, downward.  We were placed under the burden of curses, commands and laws.  We were meant to feel our defeat.  On purpose, we were oppressed by heavy forces.    The long trudge upward would be full of thorns and thistles, pain and labor and it would offer very little earthly reward.  The tedious act of sacrificing animals would remind us of our broken oath to God day after day after day.  Everywhere we turned our eyes, signs of our fallenness, brokenness, failure and dying dispostion.  This was and is the wisdom of God!
“I lift my eyes up to the hills.  From where does my help come?” Psalm 121:1.  
Someone, the Wisest of all Someone’s, had to stop us dead in our tracks.  With a mind full of good and evil judgments and a heart prone to serve the welfare of self, we were armed and dangerous; vulnerable nomads ready to defend our ground with weaponry.  We were capable of doing what we pleased and enjoying it.  We were prone to run fast and hard from our God-given conscience.  So God made it difficult for us to survive in sincere hope that we would look up…
“My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth,” Psalm 121:2.  
The human race bends low under the pressure.  It tends to look in all places for comfort and deliverance.  It fears conscience and running to God.  The human race fears giving up it’s right to make subjective choices in favor of self.  We may keep our right to good and evil choices and with that, we may keep the curses, the commands and the law.  
Or, we may give up our rights and receive salvation!
“I lift my eyes up to the hills.  From where does my help come?  My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth,” Psalm 121:1-2.  O Lord, I lift my eyes to you and my load is lifted!  “Help us, O God of our salvation,” Psalm 79:9.  I am saved from serving my own welfare when I turn my eyes to you!  “To you I lift my eyes, O you who are enthroned in the heavens!  Behold, as the eyes of servants look to the hand of their master, as the eyes of a maidservant to the hand of her mistress, so our eyes look to the Lord our God, till he has mercy on us,” Psalm 123:1-2.
The curse on our survival, the commands to do what is right at all times, the law to pronounce our judgment… .all these were given to force us to look up.  We cannot survive and do what is right and avert judgment.  We cannot.  It’s impossible.  We will have to lay our burden down, look up and seek mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

  • Prayer Equals Peace - “But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow w...
    6 years ago